Texaco Meropa® 220
Close Analogs: CPS Number: 222321; MSDS Number: 8642
Texaco Meropa oils deliver value through:
- Gear set efficiencies — High thermal stability EP system maintains clean gear and bearing surfaces, minimizing deposits which interfere with effective lubrication. High oxidation stability limits in-service viscosity increases, which lead to energy losses.
- Extended equipment life — Extremely effective EP system forms a protective film in areas of metalto-metal contact, minimizing wear rates and maintaining efficient transfer of power. Good water separation and effective rust inhibitors protect surfaces against rust and corrosion. High thermal stability additive system reduces the formation of high temperature compounds which can be corrosive to bearing materials. The effective corrosion inhibitor provides additional protection for metal components
- Long oil life — Effective oxidation inhibitors and copper passivator minimize oil oxidation, limiting viscosity increase and extending oil drain intervals.
Texaco Meropa oils are high performance, multipurpose gear lubricants designed for industrial gear lubrication services where loads and shock loadings are high.
When used in misting systems, Texaco Meropa provides excellent oxidation stability to prevent oil mist deposits. They will form a high volume of mist droplets for transmission to the point of application. Texaco Meropa oils have minimal stray mist (fog).
Texaco Meropa oils are recommended for:
Texaco Meropa meet the requirements of:
- All industrial enclosed gearing and wherever an AGMA extreme pressure lubricant is specified
- All mist oil application systems
- General industrial plant lubrication where the performance properties of this type of lubricant are required.
Texaco Meropa oils (ISO 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460) are suitable for use in Bijur oil application equipment.
- U.S. Steel 224 (ISO 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460, 680)
- AGMA 9005 (ISO 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460, 680, 1000, 1500)
- Cincinnati Machine P-63 (ISO 68), P-76 (ISO 100), P-77 (ISO 150), P-74 (ISO 220), P-59 (ISO 320), P-35 (ISO 460), P-78 (ISO 1000)
For customers wishing to extend drain intervals and further reduce gear wear, and where water contamination is minimal, Texaco Meropa oils are recommended. Texaco Meropa oils can be used in industrial applications where overloading, severe operating conditions, high lubricant operating temperatures, or other problems are encountered. Texaco Meropa oils have been shown to reduce operating temperatures, power consumption/energy requirements, and failure rates in industrial operating environments.
Typical test data are average values only. Minor variations which do not affect product performance are to be expected in normal manufacturing.
- API Gravity
- Viscosity Measurement
- Saybolt Viscosity at 100°F
- Saybolt Viscosity at 210°F
- Kinematic Viscosity at 40°C (104°F)
- Kinematic Viscosity at 100°C (212°F)
- Timken Test
- Pour Point
- Flash Point
- AGMA Grade
- FZG Pass Stage
This page displays only the text
of a material data sheet.
To see MatWeb's complete data
sheet for this material (including
material property data, metal
compositions, material suppliers,
etc), please click the button below.