Minelco MagnaDense 4 Fine Aggregate
Material Notes: Applications: MagnaDense has a long history of use as construction material for both in-situ and precast applications.Loose ballast:
MagnaDense is a high grade natural aggregate, manufactured from the iron oxide Magnetite. With its high density MagnaDense is used as loose ballast or as aggregate to produce high quality, high density concrete. This heavy concrete is some 60 % heavier than normal concrete and is easily produced and placed using standard equipment.
Minelco is unique in having its own in-house resources guaranteeing a long term reliable supply of consistent quality products. MagnaDense grades can be tailor made to specific customer requirements or purchased as standard grades.
Having a high particle density MagnaDense offers several advantages:
- Reduced volumes = less excavation, transportation, reinforcement & time
- Increased weight for a given volume
- Reduced heat of hydration
- High submerged/saturated density
- High radiation shielding characteristics
- Space saving
- Noise and vibration dampening
- Thermal energy storage
- Offshore ballasting of rigs and caissons
- Scour protection for underwater structures of pipelines
- Ground stabilisation - to reduce piling
MagnaDense is available in grades from 30 mm down to powder fineness, supplied from strategic stockpiles throughout Europe and the U.S.
- Under water concrete (tunnels, pipeline mattresses)
- Counterweights (bridges, locks, sluices, elevators, excavators)
- Coastal protection (breakwaters, precast antifer cubes)
- Pipecoating (negative buoyancy coatings)
- Radiation shielding (medical & nuclear)
The use of MagnaDense enhances the density of concrete. Full replacement of the local aggregate, both fine and coarse, makes it possible to reach a density of 4.0 t/m3, or interim densities by partial replacements.
- Specific Gravity
- Bulk Density
- Water Absorption
- Hardness, Mohs
- Particle Shape
- Surface texture
This page displays only the text
of a material data sheet.
To see MatWeb's complete data
sheet for this material (including
material property data, metal
compositions, material suppliers,
etc), please click the button below.