Morgan Advanced Ceramics Deranox™ 975 Alumina
Subcategory: Oxide, Aluminum; Oxide
Key Words: Al2O3; Aluminum Oxide
Fine grain alumina ceramic of 97.5% Al2O3 content. A high quality material, widely used for electrical and mechanical components that require thick film metallizing, as well as for dynamic duties where resistance to abrasion and chemical attack are essential.
- Can be thick film metallized with noble metals
- High volume resistivity
- High mechanical strength
- Excellent corrosion resistance
- Excellent wear resistance
- Low coefficient of friction
- High thermal stability
- High density, non-porous and vacuum tight
- Thick film metallized components, such as those with conductor and/or resistor networks, dielectric layers, solderable interfaces, etc
- High-integrity devices for duties in the defense, aerospace, medical, laser and scientific instrument fields
- Dynamic and static components in pumps and valves that handle corrosive or abrasive media.
Information provided by Morgan Advanced Ceramics.
- Particle Size
- Hardness, Rockwell 45 N
- Vickers Microhardness
- Modulus of Elasticity
- Flexural Strength
- Compressive Strength
- Fracture Toughness
- Electrical Resistivity at Elevated Temperature
- Dielectric Constant
- Dielectric Strength
- Dissipation Factor
- CTE, linear 500°C
- Specific Heat Capacity
- Thermal Conductivity
- Maximum Service Temperature, Air
- Thermal Downshock
This page displays only the text
of a material data sheet.
To see MatWeb's complete data
sheet for this material (including
material property data, metal
compositions, material suppliers,
etc), please click the button below.