Zircar Zirconia ZOG Single Crystal Zirconia Grog
Subcategory: Oxide, Zirconium; Oxide
Key Words: ZrO2, zirconium oxide
Zircar Zirconia Single Crystal Grog Type ZOG is composed of small (0.6 to 2.4mm) single crystals of zirconia having a monoclinic structure. These "skull melted" crystallites exhibit virtually no particle breakdown during thermal cycling and provide dust-free performance. Type ZOG is useful at temperatures up to 2400°C under oxidizing conditions with no sintering or particle breakdown and minimal sticking.
Zircar Zirconia Single Crystal Grog Type ZOG was developed for RF (Radio Frequency) induction furnaces operating above 2000°C. These furnaces are typically used in fiber optic draw towers and crystal growing applications where high purity, low electrical conductivity and dust-free performance at extreme temperatures are essential. Zirconia Single Crystal Grog Type ZOG is free flowing, therefore conforming to irregular configurations to fill small and intricate areas.
Type ZOG contains no organic binders and will produce no smoke or odor when heated and is available in two particle size ranges.
- Type ZOG-1 has a Tyler mesh size of -8 to +14 (2.4mm to 1.2mm)
- Type ZOG-2 has a Tyler mesh size of -10 to +28 (1.7mm to 0.6mm).
- High Purity ZrO2 Single Crystal (99%+)
- High Temperature Stability to 2400°C
- Low Thermal Conductivity
- Two Particle Size Ranges are Offered
- Excellent Thermal Shock Resistance
- No Outgassing
- Virtually Dust Free Performance
- Available ‘Off the Shelf’
- ZOG Grog is used as insulation and crucible support in crystal growing furnaces.
- ZOG Grog is used as insulation for glass melting and fiber optic draw furnaces.
- ZOG Grog is used as bulk fill insulation.
- ZOG Grog is used as ultra high temperature insulation for advanced energy systems.
Information provided by Zircar Zirconia.
- Bulk Density
- Outgassing - Total Mass Loss
- Melting Point
- Maximum Service Temperature, Air
This page displays only the text
of a material data sheet.
To see MatWeb's complete data
sheet for this material (including
material property data, metal
compositions, material suppliers,
etc), please click the button below.